Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Twenty-Six Years and the Card is Mine

I've always wanted this card.  As a kid it was out of my price range.  As I got older, there were always other cards I spent my money on instead.  This card was always going to be there.  Now, it's here.  I just wish he was in a Braves uniform.  I need to pick up a Will Clark as well, but the asking prices on it are a bit more than I put into this one.

1991 Topps Desert Shield #545 Dale Murphy
If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $100 in about six months.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

4 comments:

  1. Love these cards and the history behind them. Congratulations on adding the Murphy to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finally crossing this bad boy off of your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr rookie card was on my 'wish list' for years although I am not a Jr fan. This card represents the modern era (1989-current) of baseball cards. 3 years ago, I finally yielded to my whim to buy it at a card show. $25 for a complete 89 UD set including this card. The one I really want is a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle (at least a grade of 3).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great action shot right there. Congrats on the pickup.

    ReplyDelete